Public Works Department
The Public Works Department is dedicated to providing quality services for your water, sewer and streets. Whether itís a pot hole that needs repair or a water leak, these employees are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to meet the needs of our community.
If you have a Public Works Department related problem, including sewer back-ups, or need to speak with someone about an issue youíre having, please call our office during normal business hours at 817-531-5700. After hours and on weekends and holidays, call the Forest Hill Police Department non-emergency number at 817-531-5250.
Public Works Projects
Since 2009, many city streets have been repaired or have had significant improvements made to them. Click on this link for details: Improved / Repaired Streets Since 2009
Forecasted street projects for Fiscal Year 2016-2017 are:
- Truett Street (between Cardinal Ridge and Orchard Street)
- Trailwood Street (between Forest Hill Circle and Parkwood)
- Woody Lane (between Trailwood and Anglin Drive)
- Woodview (between Anglin Drive and Trailwood)
Stormwater Management Program
Each year, the City of Forest Hill is required to file a Storm Water Management Report. This lengthy and carefully prepared document is required to manage specific storm water quality improvements and satisfy the six minimum control measures (MCMs) set forth by the Clean Air Act and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Permits to discharge storm water are issued by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
These requirements were developed to minimize pollution in storm water to the maximum extent practicable and effectively prohibiting illicit discharges to the storm water sewer system. They are:
- Public education and outreach on storm water impacts
- Public involvement/participation
- Illicit discharge detection and elimination
- Construction site storm water runoff control
- Post-construction storm water management in new development and redevelopment
- Pollution prevention/good housekeeping for municipal operations
The City tracks, manages, and modifies the control measures to make continuous improvements to the program. Effective management of storm water is important to Forest Hill because it can revitalize surface waters, improve quality of life, and create places where businesses and residents want to live work, play and stay.
The City of Forest Hill has actively participated in storm water quality improvements for many years and will continue on that path. Click here for more information.
To file a public complaint, you can:
1. Call the City of Forest Hill Public Works Department at 817-531-5700; or
2. Send an email to Public Works Superintendent Roberto Duenes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your full name, address, contact telephone number and/or email, and provide a brief explanation of the issue you observe.
Once the message is received, it will be recorded by the city. The issue will be investigated by all applicable department(s) and resolved. A follow-up telephone call will be made to the citizen who reported the issue.
The Public Works Department is located at 3101 Horton Road. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am until 5:00pm.
Mayor Gerald Joubert and the City of Forest Hill Public Works Department at the water replacement project on Woodview. The crew is upsizing the water main from a 4” to a 6” on Woodview from Anglin Drive to Trailwood. New fire hydrants will be installed on Woodview and Woody Lane.